Tuesday 20 October 2015

Addicted to glazing!

Glazing is my absolutely favourite part of ceramics, the making process is fun but I just find glazing itself so relaxing! I'm not much of an academic person but there's something about doing all the calculations, testing this and that, take a bit away, add a bit of something else.



  I always practice safety in my ceramics workshop, I wouldn't have it any other way! Apron, gloves and mask are an essential part of work wear safety when working with hazardous materials.



As you can see below, I use digital scales, precision in weighing is key, I have the sets of scales;1 for large quantities, 1 which measures to two decimals and another which measures to 3.



My latest testing unintentionally turned out to be smiley faces!



As you can see ...I never get enough of testing! 
So many glazes so little time!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment