Wednesday 21 October 2015

Autumn Walks in Laughton fields

Its Mid October its my favourite time of year, the leaves starting to fall from the trees, the scatter of conkers, the autumn chill in the air, so peaceful!

Its the perfect time for making use of the great outdoors and do a bit of foraging!

Laughton fields are picturesque and you can hear the animals, its surreal how quiet it is, it takes me back to when I visited there as a child.



We went out searching for chestnuts but we came across these lovelies, Sloeberries ...I think some sloe berry gin is in order and it will be ready just in time for Christmas too!


I think we were a little too early for chestnuts ... they were so small and shriveled! It should be peak season October - November but maybe the seasons are running late this year ...I guess we'll try again in a few weeks.


They were very prickly!


The poor shriveled chestnut ... 

It wasn't a wasted journey though, its always nice to walk in the picturesque fields and I got lots of nature inspiration to try out some new ceramic ideas!
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment