Wednesday 27 May 2015

An insider glimpse

I thought I'd share an insider glimpse into how I create my ceramics.

I create my pieces using a range of hand building techniques, exploring details on both large and small scale. Every individual element is constructed one handed!


Here's a collection of images showing the beginnings of pieces in creation.


Each unique piece is extremely challenging and time consuming to make as every element is individually constructed.
Katherine attaching an individual spike to the body of a piece in the progress


Here's a finished piece 'Natural Series #2', its part of the Natural Series Collection, consisting of 11 pieces inspired by delicate structure in nature. 

To view the full collection please visit my website, if you have any inquiries about purchasing or displaying any pieces please get in contact via my website.

Natural Series #2, hand built stoneware, 2013, 25 x 5 x 24 cm Katherine Fortnum, photograph by Nigel Essex

No comments:

Post a Comment