Tuesday 19 May 2015

Meet Katherine Fortnum Ceramics Workshop ...in the beginning

My workshop is like my second home, I love it! My own little get away where I can create and indulge myself in clay! I first started planning my own studio whilst I was at uni, saving little by little out of my student loan; eventually that added to a bit of savings came my workshop. I had a lot of help my wonderful dad putting it together, insulating, making me shelves and other bits n bobs.
I started to add little touches like adding solar lights to the roof, they lit up lovely all multicolored at night time, lighting up like a fairy house! I take a lot of pride in my little workshop, saving up and planning it for so long, I loved organising...well at least trying to organise all my tools and glazes, it hard when you end up accumulating so much!
This is how my little workshop started out, there's a long bench down the other side that fits 3 chairs for making. As I'm only just starting my blog, I'm showing how I initially set my studio up and all the bits along the way. So keep popping back for more, I cant wait to show you my new workshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment